Sunday, April 22, 2007

Harmless Peck and Foot in the mouth

I am back in the blogging world except that there is nothing to write about. I know this is old news but Richard Gere gave a harmless peck on Shilpa Shetty’s cheek (or rather series of kisses) and Shiv Sainiks got their knickers in a twist. Give me a break….that was the most harmless series of smooches and Shilpa surely was having a good laugh and most certainly didn't appear to mind. Of course I wasn't present there and I am commenting based on the footage that I saw. So who the hell are these morons to care about what two consenting adults are upto? If Shilpa were to protest then it is totally different. Besides compared to all the ubiquitous vulgar item numbers in Bollywood movies, this was totally PG13.

I am most certain all the rickshaws and taxis in Mumbai were told by the Sena to not run for a day in protest. Maybe some over zealous Sainiks vandalized some shops in protest….I don’t know….just guessing here. Aarghh...I remember the dreadful Shiv Sena bandhs when I lived in Mumbai. I think Richard Gere needs to give a friendly peck to all the Sena bigwigs and end the matter peacefully! Why doesn’t Shiv Sena just take a look at all the Sun temples in the country and all the other sculptures in the various architectural heritage sites? Isn’t that a part of Indian culture? What next, cover up all the sculptures in the country?

Speaking of politics, Rahul Gandhi needs someone to tutor him about modern Indian history OR cure him of foot in the mouth disease. The one week that I had so much fodder to make fun of and I was very busy at work. Knowing the Sena and the Gandhi scion, I am certain there will be other occasions.

6 comments:

Sugarlips said...

Welcome back :)
I saw a clip where Shilpa Shetty was talking to press a very heated coversation cuz she was sweating ;o)
She said Richard sounded bewildered when he called her and bla bla but I agree they are happy to watch Rakhi Sawant(Gosh) but not ready to accept a smoochy from Richard :)

Stay Beautiful...!

FH said...

Good to see you Sai!:))

That Shilpa episode is becoming like cartoon show,it's just silly, although Gere needs some etiquette lessons how to greet with a kiss on the cheek!!!

Wish all these "Gandhis" go away to Europe somewhere and stay there!!;P

Lotus Reads said...

Hi, Sai!

Lovely to have you back! This kiss sure generated a lot of buzz. Even Jon Stewart couldn't resist poking fun at it on Comedy Central. I may have seen the same press conference that Sugarlips did...Shilpa Shetty was really mad at the press and gave them hell. I think she was articulate and let them know in no uncertain terms that they had their priorites all wrong.

karmic said...

Ya that Shilpa Shetty episode was all blown up as always from nothing to something to distract the sheeple.

Beenzzz said...

Hi Sai! Hope you weren't working too hard. Glad to see you back. I think you should do a belated piece or two on Rahul Gandhi.

Dan said...

Isn't it a gigantic crock?

But I didn't think Shilpa Shetty was getting her knickers in a twist. I believe she is on good terms with Gere and they have talked alot on the phone since then. I think it's everybody EXCEPT Shilpa Shetty that's in an uproar. Jeez! :)