Thursday, June 14, 2007

Biking



After almost two weeks K and I took our bikes this evening to the park. We went late at around 7:30 PM and biked for about 10 miles. It was a glorious evening with the temperature around 65 degrees. We were wearing track pants and a jacket. Everyone was dressed similar to us except this group of extremely fit cyclists who looked like Lance Armstrong’s clones and probably were training. That was a very nice sight and so easy on the eye…of course my eye. Poor K didn’t have much eye candy this evening.


This evening was such a welcome change weatherwise from the heat wave two weeks ago. We were in the park then and I saw this guy jogging shirtless with very short shorts. He was pale and peeling and had such a flabby body. It was the most disgusting sight I had ever seen. He reminded me of the Seinfeld episode of “bro.” He needed to be jailed for indecent exposure. Perhaps he could be Paris Hilton’s cell mate. That would be punishment for both albeit a more severe one for Poor Miss Rich Girl. The media needs to give the poor girl a break….like all she did was like get a DUI or something and like drive with a suspended license. She probably thought that "suspended" was some new hot accessory like suspenders, which by the way aren't hot except only when Larry King wears them!

By the way for someone as shallow as Paris, it is “so not hot to see someone so like faaat” while for the guy….well perhaps not so much a punishment for him except of course if he is a language nazi and has to face Paris’s severely limited vocabulary consisting of exclusively expressions such as, “that’s hot” “that’s not hot” “it so like not hot.”

By the way I cannot understand why people who are not in the best of shapes like to show off their flab. Is there is secret competition as to who is flabbier or has the most cellulite? Is there an award for it and is it any good? If so, someone please let me know because I may stand a chance too.

9 comments:

karmic said...

lol.. funny post. Good to see you back. After you saw eye candy, I am sure it was preordained that you would see something to counter the eye candy.
I am sure you know the whole ying and yang thing, its all about balance. :)
K not seeing any eye candy is balance too. Nothing happened :)
Glad you could get time out of your busy schedule.
Enjoy the fri and the weekend ahead.

FH said...

Sai,beautiful sunset there girl.Good that you got out:)
Paris is eating her humble pie for few weeks,it's so like "hot" for us all!;D
I think fat ppl who like themselves are hotter than miserable ,whiny skinny women!
Have a great weekend.Hugs:)

Sai said...

Hi Sanjay:

Thanks a lot!

LOL I totally agree about the Ying and Yang. I would rather like to see the eye candy shirtless than see some slob sweating out shirtless....that's all.

K not seeing eye candy was priceless! I am glad too that I got a free evening after a very long time.

You enjoy your weekend as well.


Hi Asha:

I do agree with people being comfortable in their own skins. I am completely against the body images that have been extolled by Hollywood. I am also aware about all the negativity that has made kids avert from eating a healthy meal to achieve those goals.

Lotus Reads said...

Hi, Sai!

I have often commented to my kids that the runners I see in my neighborhood are really fit individuals, I seldom see overweight or flabby people walking or trying to jog and I don't blame them, these fitness fanatics are terribly intimidating. When I go out for my morning's walk (which is not often, I will admit) I make sure I don't take the beaten track...I never want to run (err,walk) into one of those lean, mean and toned moms, they give me such a complex! :)

Great post and a really beautiful pic, glad you enjoyed your bike ride!

Sai said...

Hey Lotus:

Tell me about fit well toned bodies!!! I work with someone who runs 20 miles and weight trains. She is as tall as me which is almost 5'8" and wears size 2!!!

She has a hearty appetite and eats everything without minding the calories but just exercises a lot.

I blame everything on my Indian genes....it is so much easier to put the blame elsewhere than towards your own ennui ;D

Beenzzz said...

Yes, they are all in competition to see who can present the best muffin top in their tight jeans or workout clothes.

Lisa Johnson said...

LOL! Funny! Happy Summer! Today we have the most sunlit hours, so I hope you get to spend some of them biking! ; )

Sugarlips said...

Funny funny post :)

We only want well toned bodies out there :)

I hope you are doing great, I've been a little bz in moving :(

Stay Beautiful..!!

Sai said...

Hey Beenzzz:
LOL....I agree with the disgusting muffin tops in tight jeans!

Hi Anali:
Thanks.

Hi Sugarlips:
Yes that is the least the well toned bodies can do ;-)

Happy moving! Nice to see u here.