Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Five things you did not know about me

I read Sanjay’s cool post about the five things about him that we did not know and thought perhaps I should do something similar. I know…I know this sounds self absorbed but anyway here are the five things about me that you did not know.

1. I am ambidextrous. I write with my left hand so it might seem that I am left-handed but in actuality I can write with both my hands. I however prefer writing with my left hand but use my right hand to chop vegetables etc.

2. I wear contact lenses and wear glasses at home and if I don’t have them on, everything around me is a blur. By my bedside table I have a pair of glasses at all times as I tend to remove my glasses and tend to forget where I put them last and of course since everything around me is a blur, I cannot find where the errant glasses might be!

3. I have a terrific memory for birthdays and phone numbers. I never need to write it in a diary, I can recollect every date. With the advent of cell phones, my memory for phone numbers is not as good as it used to be.

4. I am a Virgo and have typical traits like being a perfectionist, organized, emotional etc. There is one thing that most people don’t know and would never guess about me, is that my closet is very messy. I don’t organize my clothes as well as my books, documents etc. Yet in that chaos I always find things….cannot explain how that happens!

5. Although I am an extrovert and talk a lot, yet I am extremely shy and reticent in the matters of heart. When K and I became a couple, he came to see my parents with me. My mother had previously met K and knew who he was but my father was meeting him for the first time! My mother had been hospitalized and was convalescing. I remember K was nervous and had got her a bouquet of her favorite flowers. As soon as we walked in my parent’s home, I found my father’s older brother sitting there with his wife and son. I didn’t expect my uncle and his family to be there, who of course had come to see my mother. I got totally flustered and embarrassed and introduced K as "just someone I know from work." It shocked and offended K, because the prior week he had introduced me to every member of his family and friends as his fiancée! My parents were very surprised at me as well.


Among other things:
Here is a watercolor painting that I had painted sometime back.

17 comments:

karmic said...

Loved the watercolor.
Cool that you are ambidextrous, my sis used to be too. Not sure if she still is.
Cool list.
lol @ poor K not being introduced. Happens.

magiceye said...

lovely painting depicting your opening of the door to your 'self'
Lovely

FH said...

Beautiful 3D painting,you are talented!:))
Love reading this MeMe,I am tagged too for the same ,can't think of any though!Oh well..:D

Lotus Reads said...

What a gorgeous watercolour,Sai! Truly, beautifully done! You have immense talent.

Loved the meme, too! I envy you # 3. My memory for birthdays and anniversaries is not the best. Glad to find our you're a Virgo - I have lots of good friends born under that sign.

Poor K, but I do understand how easy it is to get flustered about a big moment especially when something unexpected happens.

Tee said...

Love the painting Sai..and I'm glad to know that there's another woman out there who has a messy closet. It gets me approx five tried to get my 'look' right so naturally clothes are piled up often :D Nice Post.

Lisa Johnson said...

Such a beautiful painting! It's such a treat when you share these!

I've always wanted to be ambidextrous. I try doing things with both hands, but when it comes down to it; I'm right-handed.

And I'm a Virgo too! : )

Sai said...

@Sanjay:
Thanks! By the way you don't stop being ambidextrous so your sis must still be so.

LOL....I know...poor K....kai karnar mazhaa pharach lajkat svabhaav....:-D

@ Magiceye:
I love your interpretation! It is amazing how someone else can view and interpret your work, isn't it?

@ Asha:
Thanks....*blushing*
I would love to read your meme!

Sai said...

@Lotus:
Thanks for your kind words!

Oh my God...I have a crazy memory. I remember things from my childhood from the time I was 22 months old....isn't that scary?

I was completely flustered and since I introduced K as a coworker...my parents were nonplussed as well. My cousin is so annoying. He lives here in the US and even after ten years whenever he calls he will ask me "So is your coworker home?"

@Tamanna:
Hey! So nice to see you here. Thanks a lot.

My messy closet is also due to the fact that it takes me a long time to decide what I want to wear!

@Anali:
THanks so much!

Here is my official "Hey" to a fellow Virgo. Don't tell me the date if you don't want to but is it last week of August or is it September?

Fuzzylogic said...

First time here.Came via Sanjay's blog.Lovely painting!You truly have a gift.I can relate to so many of the stuff you wrote even though I'm not a virgo:)I have a memory of a elephant when it comes to remembering things,I used to be the only person who remembered the b'days,anniversaries of each and everyone in both family and friend circle.And my desk always looks like its hit by a hurricane:)But surprisingly I can still manage to find all the things I need without much hassels!
You have a nice blog!

Dan said...

Although I am an extrovert and talk a lot, yet I am extremely shy and reticent in the matters of heart

Awe ... you're sweet Sai! :)

I wear contacts outside the house and glasses inside. Sometimes I wear both! And that's when everything gets really blurry for me.

Sai said...

@Fuzzylogic:
Thanks for stopping by and thank you very much for your kind words.

It is nice to know and meet people who are quite like you.

By the way I get teased a lot for my elephantine memory!

@Dan:

Oh Dan Dan Dan.....why would you wear your glasses and contacts at the same time?

I am just curious when things get really blurry and you are stepping out to get the morning newspaper (without paying attention to the weather report), does your cat Lulu dash enthusiastically between your legs to send you tumbing down the stairs?

Cacophoenix said...

One of my brother is ambidextrous too, his is more by accident. I mean he met with an accident and had to use his left hand.

Really neat painting, Love the way the shadow falls from the front entrance, and how the inner entrance is brought to life...almost philsophical.

Oh BTW I am cacophoenix. Love your blog.

Sai said...

Hi Cacophoenix:

Thanks a lot for visiting and for your kind words.

Lisa Johnson said...

Hey Sai! Mine is in September. What about yours?

Well, the date is pretty infamous now. I wrote about it in my blog. Since 2001, what is the date that you wouldn't want your birthday on in September?

Sai said...

Mine is the last but one day in august. You almost missed sharing your b'day with my mother. Hers falls on Sept 12th!

Beenzzz said...

You are so incredibly talented. I've always wanted to take up painting. I think I will make it a goal for this year!

Sai said...

Hi Beenzzz:

Thanks....you are so kind!
You must take up painting...it is so relaxing.