Friday, January 05, 2007

Where is winter?



Till last year I didn't care much about winter. I love spring, summer and fall but hate winter. Snow looks lovely but it is the ice that scares me. Few years ago, I had fallen on black ice twice, within a span of two months and had hurt myself on my tail-bone. I literally landed on my posterior! Consequently, for months after that I had a lot of discomfort and couldn't sit. Also I associate the dull grey colors of winter with depression and loneliness.

This year as you all know it has been rather warm. This morning I went to work with a light jacket and in the afternoon stepped out without a jacket, which is so bizzare for January. It was 61 degrees this afternoon and tomorrow it is going to be in the upper 70s.

I cannot believe I am saying this but I MISS WINTER! I was looking at the above picture taken a few years ago wistfully.

12 comments:

Lotus Reads said...

That's a lovely picture, Sai! Hope we get some snow photo opportunities this winter, but if the weather pundits are to believed we won't have any white stuff for the next 10 days or so! :(

I just hope this mild winter doesn't hurt our (Ontario) wineries too much, especially the production of our ice wine! I just LOVE that stuff!

Ouch about the tailbone - that ice can be dangerous!

Have a happy Saturday, Sai!

Sai said...

Yeah it hurt quite a bit and did every winter till about two years ago. Hence it makes me very nervous.

About the warm weather, farmers are concerned about this too.

FH said...

I second that.NC is hot today!I had to cover half my face when we were driving!I am scared of summer already which they are predicting will be the hottest ever!Not cool!

Lisa Johnson said...

It was 69 degrees today in Boston! I live on a hill and when it is cold and icy, I'm slipping all over the place. I know global warming is bad, but like the McDonald's ad says, "I'm lovin' it!"

Sai said...

@Asha: I am dreading the summer

@ Anali: I complain all the time about the winter but last night I was a little feverish and was scared that I might catch the flu. I forgot to take the shot this year!

Sugarlips said...

Nice Pic Sai :)
I think all over weather is
behaving nicely which is a blessing :)

Stay Beautiful...!!

Sai said...

Hey Sugarlips:

THanks!

Sai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
karmic said...

Ouch @ the fall. I have fallen 3-4 times while jogging in the snow. I do wish we had normal weather.

Sai said...

@Sanjay:
Yeah that fall was like we say in marathi "avghad jaagcha dukhana" LOL

Nabeel said...

aww cool picture .. hmm @ u miss winter .. well I like winter too but I like summer more .. and winter snow is good as long as one is not driving.

Sai said...

@Nabeel:
I prefer spring and summer too but the weather is too mild. My allergies are worse this year and that why I am missing winter.