Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Abstract Art

I love painting….I love sketching and I LOVE colors. Anyway here is the abstract water color that I made for my cousin, who is an amazing person and whose wife is the sweetest, as a housewarming gift. I made two paintings for him; one a Ganesha and the other is this painting. His wife loves abstracts and requested one from me. Anyway I mailed the Ganesha a few months ago but had not completed this one then.


(This photo was taken right after completion. Since I took it, as opposed to the husband, there is no composition. Don't have patience for all that!)

My mother of course has to warn me with consequences, like she used to when I was a child, if I were to do kanjoosgiri (miserly behavior in Hindi) and embarrass her by sending it as is without framing! Of course in response, I get annoyed with her for even thinking that I would do something like that but the actual reason for my annoyance is that she knows me so well! By the way it's not kanjoosi but procrastination that is the culprit.



Anyway so I got it framed and have even packed it (keeping my fingers crossed) for mailing. The only challenge is that I have to overcome my inertia and go to the damn post office on a Saturday to mail it! I actually did overcome it last Saturday only to find that the post office was closed due to Veteran's Day. Anyway I must mail this before this year ends OR maybe I should have a new year resolution "I won't procrastinate in 2007." What do you think?

PS: If anyone cares or wants to know, this was done on a 300 lbs Arches hot press paper and the size is 11" by 14."

7 comments:

karmic said...

Too early for resolutions, c'mon you don't wanna get in to that spirit so early.

Lovely painting too.

Sai said...

Sanjay:
Well remember I procrastinate....so it's never too early for me ;-)

Thanks! There is a concept and a story behind the painting. Basically it's an abstract representation of life,love and hope.

FH said...

Beautiful painting,Sai!! You are an artist too! Man, you are a multifaceted girl, glad I know you:))

Sai said...

Thanks Asha! Likewise I am glad to have you as my blogging buddy too.

Pooja said...

Hi Sai,
my first time here. i liked the way u aexpressed your ideas here, it feels like i m meeting some one who thinks my way . :)
i felt the same what have written here about movie KANK, and i m sure that by this time KJ himself might have realised what a foolish idea he has represented in this movie :)).
Nice to know someone like you.
Stay tuned
-Pooja

jairaj said...

brilliant...art there :)

Sai said...

@ Pooja:
Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words.

@ Jerry:
Thank you. I don't know about it being brilliant....its above average :-)