Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

I think Valentines day is the cheesiest and corniest day (Oops I just lost my readers who love V-day). It must be obvious now that I don't own a Hallmark card or Yankee candles store. I was always like that even in my teens and twenties. I always made fun of my friends who did something special on Feb 14th! Why can you not profess your love on Feb 10th or March 20th or what the hell every day. Why choose one special day to bring in heart shaped balloons, cards and chocolates. Now with my sweet tooth....the sure way to woo me would be with sweets everyday. By the way, this way you would be wooing two people; me as well as my dentist!

Anyway today we have the day off because of the inclement weather. My boss called me up at 5AM to tell this bit of news and I was annoyed with him for waking me at such an unearthly hour (of course I didn't say anything to him though)! I couldn't go back to sleep and heard some enthusiastic neighbors thoroughly scraping the ice to leave for work. I thought to myself....that is dedication....braving icy roads for a deadend job! Maybe they don't have a deadend job....maybe they are out there saving the world while I am complaining about being woken up at 5AM!

K has gone out of town for a few days and will be returning today. I called him up to ask him to check if the flights are delayed and the first thing he says on picking up the phone, "Happy Valentines day Sweetie." I scoff and grumble, "Give me a break!" He starts laughing. If you all think that I am a cynical biyatch....well that could be true... but the fact is that it is a joke between K and I. He knows this about me and will say the most corniest things just to tease or rile me. Hey...I don't dig mush but totally dig good humor and K has plenty of that!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY and lots of love and hugs from me for the rest of the year as well!

13 comments:

Beenzzz said...

Yeh, Valentine's day is a bit cheesy and corny, but it's fun. I think its the romantic side of me that likes it. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

FH said...

I saw your last post but couldn't get in yesterday.Sorry to read about your friend.RIP!!

My sentiments too,all these unnecessary hoopla about "love"!!Just be respectful to each other and love everyday!
Love you and hugs to you too.Have a great day,V'day or not.

Dan said...

Sai, you and I wrote basically identical posts at pretty much the same time! :)

Love to you and yours ALL the time!

By the way, did you tell your boss you love him when he called at 5am? :)

Sai said...

Hey Beenz:
I read your post and the quiz. You are a realistic romantic! I would want K to do nice things for me throughout the year!

Hey Asha:
THanks about my friend. I am at home doing my most favorite thing since childhood....afternoon naps!

Hey Dan:
Yes we did write identical posts around the same time the only difference is that you are a much nicer person. You got lulu that cute toy and squeezed her paw while I was annoyed at my boss for waking me up at 5AM and scoffed at K!

Fuzzylogic said...

"I don't dig mush but totally dig good humor"-That's me too Sai!I married a guy who made me laugh and who appreciated me for the same.I laughed right on the first date when he tried to make himself utter some mushy stuff thinking that's what makes girls generally like.I feel its absurd to dedicate one single day to say how much you care.Lol!your boss woke you up at 5 am?I would have been annoyed as well if mine did!But then you got the day off so enjoy it!

FH said...

Sai,just checked your comment in my blog,had to take Tushar to Dentist for routine check up and didn't moderate until now.
ShivRatri is on this Friday on the 16th and Lingayats or Shaivas are opposite of Brahminism ,don't follow Vedas or Upanishada etc.
Women priests are freely allowed to lead the worship in Shaivism.I think you know it already about Andhra and Kashimiri Shaivism.
Just came back to let you know about Friday so you don't eat Non-veg ,got to run and make dinner now!Bye:)

Sai said...

@Fuzzylogic:
LOL to your story. I like to laugh a lot too so I guess I totally understand what you mean.

@Asha:
Thanks.

Lotus Reads said...

And a Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Sai. We (hubby,kids and me) have been home all day today and now we have cabin fever,but we daren't try any restaurant because they're probably going to be packed. Movie halls will be full too, I'm presuming. Guess we'll just sit home and watch something on pay-per-view. Hope you're having a terrific day!

Sai said...

@Hey Lotus:

I napped in the afternoon. My hubby is stranded in Charlotte....I am hoping he can come home tonight. I might have to drive to the airport at an unearthly hour to pick him up!

Hoping to spend a quiet evening reading or watching TV.

Have fun and love to your girls!

karmic said...

Err belated Valentine's day to you as well.
Your post about losing your friend was very touching.

Sai said...

@Sanjay:
Thanks so much for your wishes!

About my friend...I hope it wasn't too depressing!

Nivea said...

Hey Sai, you have a good writting hand

Sai said...

Hi Nivea:
Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words.