Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pennsylvania Countryside

We went to Lancaster County Pennsylvania, which is famous for their Amish population. The website is http://www.800padutch.com/.










These are few photographs from the different Amish farms as well the scenic countryside on our route. Notice the horse-carriage parked on the side of the street near an Amish farm.

My husband was a little nervous because we were the only non-whites in a homogenous white population. Nevertheless people were very polite and a lot of them waved at us....totally unlike New Jersey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics esp the covered bridges. We once did a tour of Ermont where we did something liek 15 covered bridges in one day. I should find those pics and get them digitiized. :)

Anonymous said...

Err you don't have to publish this comment. I am replying to your comment about the poached eggs in red wine. I usually respond to people who comment, but I am not sure if they sneak a ppek back to see if I responded. Oh well.. my comments..

I did have a white around but I prefer red as the white we had was rather sweet. Also the post has a link to the Times article for the poached eggs in red wine with croutons. Its looks so good I have try it. here is the link.
The picture in the newspaper actually looked very very yummy. But your take on this is interesting too.

Sai said...

We are thinking of taking our bicycles the next time. We were debating whether to go to the City but are glad we did this.