Thursday, October 05, 2006

Project Runway on Bravo

I am not a fan of reality TV but Bravo's Project Runway is an exception. Last night’s episode was a reunion with all the 14 or was it 16 designers. I love the final four and among them Laura and Michael are my two favorites. Michael because he has inherent talent and all his clothes were amazing! My favorite, however, was the one he designed for the black and white cocktail dress challenge. He thought outside the box and was the only one who had designed a white cocktail dress. Laura is an architect, and I identify with her design sensibilities and her personality in many ways. I love her outspoken and opinionated demeanor. Last night, I loved the way she tactfully defended Jeffrey regarding the infamous Darlene episode.

Jeffrey…. has had too much flak from the others regarding the Darlene (Angela's mom) episode. Agreed that he over reacted and was rude…. but most artists are emotionally high strung and this is exacerbated when you work in a high-stress atmosphere with little or no sleep. No one mentioned the fact that Darlene was an extremely difficult person to work with (of course most clients are and the client is always right). This however was a competition and what Darlene did was very sneaky. I would be mad too if my client were to tell my boss that she did not like my design in my absence, without giving me proper information and being uncooperative. Of course being a real world situation, I definitely would not have the same choice of words and tone like Jeffrey. Then again we are different individuals under different cirumstances. In addition, her comments about his tattoos and general appearance were in bad taste. I really was so annoyed when she cried. Give me a break! Besides Angela irritated me to no end, give it a rest sister! Go back to your organic farm and design those stupid bubble skirts with doilies. I am not a Jeffrey fan but I felt bad for him in that episode!

I loved the fact how Angela was booted out after going to Paris and then called back for the cocktail dress challenge and booted out again! I took perverse pleasure when that happened to Angela…I know…I know…bad Karma! Well her design for the cocktail dress would be an excellent take on a french maid's uniform for a Halloween Party. I loved Kayne…colorful Kayne. Vincent scared the hell out of me! I had a classmate who was like that. Later we found out that he was under medication for depression. Anyway I enjoy that show and love Tim Gunn. Auf Wiedersehen until my next post!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I don't watch much TV. But this looks liek an interesting show. Bravo has some interesting shows.

Sai said...

Sanjay:
If haven't previously done so, you should watch their Top Chef. Since you are an avid foodie, you will enjoy it. I don't watch much TV either but there are few shows that I thoroughly enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Well *A* always shows the NY Times dining section to me for the recipes. I have started to try some of them.
Do try to catch food tv though but not Emeril. I can't stand the extra hoopla.. I mean just cook man, the bammm and the crowd going nut's every time he throws in garlic makes me roll my eyes.

Anonymous said...

@Sai.. The comment was not about you. IOKIYAR is an acronym often used to describe republican hypocrisy and how they pick and choose where they apply their "values". Sorry I should have been more clear about it.
I was merely trying to say IOKIYAR is how we refer to the right wingers rationalization and the cognitive dissonance that they so often face.

Snake Anthony said...

If you aren't very sensitive about Project Runway, you might enjoy the Mad Tv spoof of it, available on YouTube. Its hilarious.