Thursday, October 19, 2006

Project Runway Finale!


L to R: Jeffrey, Uli, Laura and Michael

As I had blogged earlier, I hate reality TV but love Project Runway. Last night was the finale and typical of reality TV drama they hinted that Jeffrey…oh my God…. might have outsourced his garments. Laura, whose brain does not have a mental edit option, blurted it out on last week’s episode. So last week they ended the episode on that note! Yawn…. Laura will be proved wrong and Jeffrey will be the hero who wins the competition. Guess what? That is exactly what happened.

So now moving on to the substance of the show: The 12-piece collection designed by the final four.

Michael: I really wanted him to win because I loved his work and personality. His collection however was such an anti-climax from the show! Some of his dresses were too sexy almost bordering on trashy! Maybe he was trying to make a bold statement, who knows. One could be bold but yet have taste!

Uli: She got rid of her typical “hotz veather” inspiration visible throughout the competition and despite staying true to her tropical theme did a collection sans prints and with lovely subdued colors. Being a woman she understands women completely! Of course her collection did not have a range. She wore pants but did not design a single pair of pants!

Laura: Very elegant clothes! Again all her collection was in black and there was no range, as all her garments were evening wear. Elegant but so predictable, there wasn't a surprise element, which is not good for a competition. But hey she got a chance to show her clothes at Bryant Park! I loved her elegant yet kid friendly apartment and the fact that she is not the typical New York nouveau rich biyatch. I do love her candor!

Jeffrey: I am sorry but I have a soft corner for this guy. I agree that he is rude, obnoxious but perhaps that is just a defense mechanism. We saw his soft side when he was with his kid. He, like a phoenix, has risen from ashes to establish a successful business in LA. His collection was very creative, not my aesthetic personally, but must give credit for his range. He deserved to win!

This season is over and I can go into Reality TV hibernation until the next season. Those of you who are project runway virgins here is the official website and I found another catty blog this morning which makes fun of the designers etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really not qualified to comment on this one. :-/

Sai said...

lol....I know!