Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Employment for Generation Next!

My alarm is set to NPR and every morning the damn radio goes off without fail forcing me to get out of bed and drag my feet into the shower. Sometimes if we forget, the alarm goes off on saturday at an unearthy hour as well. Since K is dead to the world and snoring away to glory....I am forced to walk to the radio and shut the blasted thing off! Sometimes I wonder what he dreams about; probably a world sans Sai and full of Victoria Secret models, Shakira, single malt whiskey and by the way did I mention NO SAI to keep tabs on him! When it gets cold I want to hibernate like a bear and not do anything productive for three months.

Anyway I digress, the reason for this post is that I heard a segment this morning on video resumes on "Morning Edition." You can read the article here. I have also included below the video resume that I thought was the most humorous and creative.



To be honest, this is a substantial risk a prospective candidate would take. It is rather creative and clever for a person who is just out of college to do that. For someone who is seeking a job change mid-way in their career a video resume like this could be professional suicide. Then again it depends on the candidate's field and the employer's sense of humor!

PS: This segment reminded me of the character Elle Wood, brilliantly essayed by the very talented Reese Witherspoon, in the movie "Legally Blonde," where she sends a video essay to obtain admission into Harvard Law School.

5 comments:

karmic said...

You may wanna ask him what he dreams about. ;)
The video resume is another way to get noticed I guess? Each one to their own, like many other things it depends on the candidate and the person responsible for recruiting. Could go either ways I guess.

Sai said...

"You may wanna ask him what he dreams about."
Nah...I like to keep guessing and teasing him!

A video with a spanking resume might really work in a candidate's favor I think.

karmic said...

A video with a spanking resume
I did not read "video" in that line first, and that brought out imagery that perhaps would not be in any resume for most jobs right? ;)

Sai said...

Well I hope not :-D

Sugarlips said...

LoL @ K's dreaming :)


Stay Beautiful...!!