Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy New Year to youzz

K’s friend has invited us over for New Year and this time I have no excuse of portfolio etc. and will have to go! Therefore this evening K and I went to get some wine for the party. I thought that the store might be closed for New Years and I don't want to bring in 2007 in sobriety. Since my mother doesn't read my blog it is all right for me to declare that there is some possibility that I might be drunk on Sunday. To my older sister who reads my blog regularly….calm down…. I won’t be drinking all the wine by myself. As you very well know sister, I cannot drink more than two glasses so as your son says “Just relax Ma!” Besides I will need alcohol to survive the other guests that will be invited (I am only kidding)! Since K and I never drink and drive, we might be staying overnight at our friend's place.

Anyway at the store we go to pay with my wine selection. The woman at the counter had a bad haircut….mullet gone wrong! Anyway she says “Are you all set sweetie?” I said “Yes” and then she said “Youzz twos have a wonderful new year.” I reply, “Wez twos will certainly have a swell new year…..wishing youzz a great new year as well.” I suddenly felt a sharp pain….on my arm…..and I look at K, who is glaring at me. I tell him in Marathi that since I bruise easily I could accuse him of domestic abuse. He replies “If that lady were to attack you…..it would take weeks to clear off your black eye. People would still look at me accusingly.” Anyway since it was mullet gone wrong....it covered her ears and probably she didn’t understand no foreigner’s accent….therefore all is well that ends well. I don’t have no black eye!

Wishing you all a wonderful new year! I hope you make resolutions tomorrow that will be broken on January 1st....of next year you silly people! In case you care or want to know 2006 was a rather difficult year for K and me but we made it through! We don’t know what 2007 holds for us but we don’t really care! New Year….bah humbug.

9 comments:

Sugarlips said...

Haha...You are so adorable :)

Wishing you & K a very happy
full of love & peace new year.
Drink lots of wine get drunk &
enjoy ;)

Stay Beautiful...!!

Sai said...

@Sugarlips:

Thanks for your wishes!

About getting drunk....kya keh rahi ho....mere maa abhi bhi chaamat maregee....LOL!

karmic said...

Heh! Happy new year to you as well. I haven't stayed up on new years eve for ages. Have fun!

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy New Year Sai! I hope you have fun tonight and that 2007 is a better year! :)

magiceye said...

WISH YOUS (YOU AND YOURS :)) A SUPER DUPER 2007!!!!!

Sai said...

@Sanjay: I woke up half and hour ago and have a splitting headache. This is the last time I am staying up late! I am getting old.

@Anali: THanks! I hope so too

Hey Magic eye:

Thank youzz for wishes. Wishing youzz the same! :-D

Lotus Reads said...

LOL, Sai, you always crack me up! :)

Since we're talking resolutions, one of mine includes exploring the world of martinis...just discovered them this year (I know,I'm a late starter, but,apart from wine,I'm a teetotaler) anyway, I'm determined to taste every one ever made and will also make up some of my own recipes as I go along! :)

Sai said...

@Lotus:
Thanks!

I thought I was a late starter as I didn't touch alcohol until I got married (pun unintended). K introduced me to the wonderful world of wines. I drink wine and love an occassional cocktail though nothing with vodka as I cannot deal with it.

By the way I love martinis....I love the traditional one but also others like apple and peach. Incidentally peach is my favorite.

Lotus Reads said...

Ok, I am making a note to try the peach! Thanks, Sai.